How to change your managing agency.

17th October 2016

So what happens when you aren’t happy with your property manager or managing agency?

It’s not that uncommon. Quite often landlords become disgruntled due to poor tenant management, exorbitant fees, long untenanted periods or just a lack of communication from the people managing your most valuable investment.

The trouble is that most landlords think they are locked into the agency managing their property – this couldn’t be further from the truth.
Here in NSW you don’t even need to speak to your property manager or agency to terminate your agreement.
All that is needed is email (written) confirmation that you are terminating the agreement and moving to another managing agency.


Which is why we created a very simple Online Transfer form on our website. All you need to do is enter your details, the property address and the managing agency and we take care of the rest.
This saves you time and awkward conversations with your poor performing ex-agent.
The only thing you need to be aware of is your agreement’s termination notice period – typically 30 or 60 days. We strongly suggest signing any agreement with a longer period than 60days.
The notice period will be displayed in your contract like this:
So once your old agent has received termination notice they will transfer the property to the new agent at the end of this notice period.

If you are not happy with your current managing agency or simply want to know what your options are, please don’t hesitate to call Ben on 0412 884 325

Property North Agency – We Simply Do It Better.